TRAINING COURSE ON GENETIC COUNSELLING ON SICKLE CELL DISORDER
TRAINING COURSE ON GENETIC COUNSELLING ON SICKLE CELL DISORDER - March 11 – 24, 2012.
The Sickle Cell Foundation Nigeria in collaboration with MTN Foundation is pleased to announce Sickle Cell Disorder Genetic Counseling Training Course.
- To convert health care workers into knowledgeable and competent genetic counselors on sickle cell disorder, so that they can assist their clients in the following ways:
- Understand the medical facts, diagnosis, available treatment and probable course of the disorder.
- Appreciate the mode of inheritance of the disorder and the risk of its occurrence in relatives.
- Understand the options available for dealing with the risk of occurrence.
- Choose an appropriate course of action, in view of their risk and family goals.
- Make the best possible adjustment to the disorder and/or to the risk of its occurrence.
For Whom - Health care workers.
Dates - March 11- 24, 2012.
Venue: - National Sickle Cell Centre, Ishaga Road, Idi-Araba, Lagos.
Course Fee: - N65,000.00 (Sixty Five Thousand Naira only). This subsidized fee covers only the course materials and lunch. Participants will have to make arrangement for their accommodation. Sickle Cell Foundation will send a list of nearby hotels/Guest Houses and cost on request. The nature of the training dictates that not more than 30 participants are accepted. Therefore only applicants who receive our letter of acceptance should attend.
Applicants should send an application letter with CV to include the following details:
- Names, gender, date of birth.
- Education and professional qualifications.
- Contact details – Phone number(s), email, postal address.
- Sponsor for the course i.e. self or employer etc.
- Reasons for wanting to undergo the training.
Closing dates for submission of applications: Friday January 20, 2012.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Project Coordinator
Sickle Cell Foundation Nigeria
National Sickle Cell Centre
Opposite Lagos University Teaching Hospital
(LUTH), Ishaga Road, Idi-Araba
P.O. Box 3463, Surulere
0803 584 6666
0806 044 7221.